Sunday, April 14, 2019

A free Orders System in F# (part 1)

I recently added to my github a new open source solution for managing orders in a restaurant.

https://github.com/tonyx/orderssystem


This is a first post about the description of the product:


Main features:

1) managing ingredients, and categories of ingredients
2) managing courses, and categories
3) managing ingredients composing the courses (receipts)
4) collecting orders,
5) defining users roles,
6) managing variations of orders items (in term of add ons or drop off of ingredients)
7) managing price variations related to order items variations
8) printing orders by associating printer for course categories
9) displaying order items
10) managing payment by eventually subdividing the bill
11) print a fiscal cash drawer (by using an external software).



A walkthrough:


1) main menu:




many of those items are visible and usable only by the administrator.















2) manage ingredients:


Clicking on manage ingredients we have get this form to create a new category of ingredients, and create a new one and call it "vegetables".









After creating the new category, I have a button that allows me to select the category itself:



The category is "visible", but I can switch it to "invisible" by clicking the button "modifica visibilita'" (will be translated into "switch visibility).








I click the button of the category, and I can see all the existing items of the category (there is no one, yet), search, or create a new one. I do create a new one.


I am not going through all the options of this form. I just create a new ingredient with default values and call it "green salad".













So now in the ingredients->vegetables page I have this:


I skip all the description of the options related to "prices", "usages", and "load" for now.






Course categories works in similar way, and it is possible to specify the ingredients for each course as well.


Next post will be about collecting orders.
Anyway, I do have some video demo of an earlier version of the product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6--mPxDktU






No comments: